I wasn't gone long and returned to find Micah still playing. Now, the living room was full of the sound of "relaxing ocean waves." (Apparently there's a YouTube video that plays this for ten straight hours. Who knew?) On the computer screen was a photograph of a distant island floating at sea. Micah was perched at the edge of the chairs like a captain at the helm and surveyed the tiny island carefully with his periscope. Kaylee sat "in the ship" proud to be along for the adventure. A bandanna was loosely tied around her head, making her the prettiest pirate I've ever seen. The magic of it all had captured her too.
Their imaginations filled me with a longing to be a child again. Marveling at the enchanted pirate world Micah had created, I thought of Peter Pan and smiled. My heart prayed for my kids, "I hope you never grow up and never lose your sense of wonder."
I regret that I didn't capture this moment with pictures but I guess it's alright because I'm capturing it now with words.
However, a few days earlier Micah made a flying machine and I did get some pictures and videos of that. :)
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment