The first Sunday of this year started off in a wonderful way. I've been thinking about guardian angels in my life. They are as real on earth as they are in heaven, though it takes faith to believe it.
I imagine that the angels we can't see view us much like someone looking through a glass window from an upper room. We don't have any real proof they see us but we still somehow sense their benevolent watch. They hear us and observe quietly, yet most often from our vantage point, we can neither hear nor observe them in return.
Sometimes, they feel much closer to me than behind the glass of a distant window and I wonder how this is possible. It's more like how the energy of the sun touches me: I can feel its warmth even though it's 93 million miles away. The rays penetrate deep inside me from the top of my head clear down to my feet. Such a presence is so close that it's undeniable! I feel the sun though I cannot touch it. I am comforted and content knowing that this beautiful radiant light will always be there in my sky even when it has set beyond the horizon and my eyes are dimmed by the dark of night. Then, I will look up into the ocean of stars and see that the sun has not passed away, it has not diminished or faded. Rather, it has multiplied beyond number in glorious splendor.
"Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." - 2 Kings 6:16
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment