Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

This Place

I have two foster children staying with me today and tomorrow as part of respite care.  Also, this afternoon I have a placement officer coming to visit my home in order to get a feel for the environment here and to help her make a decision of who will be placed with us.  We could have our own foster kids by the end of this week or next.  I cannot adequately describe how it feels to be taking on these responsibilities at this place and time ... the only thing that really comes to mind is that this is a very sacred work.  I feel honored and blessed to be a part of this rescue effort even if it requires more sacrifice, more energy, more time, more patience, and more love than I can ever possibly find within me.  It will stretch me and teach me and I'm anxious to learn.  There is nothing too hard for the Lord and with Him, I can do all that He requires of me.  I know this.

-Alicia

No comments: