I can't sleep. Normally, sleep is never an issue for me. I must be having such a hard time with this move. I so desperately do not want to leave this place that I love so very, very much!
We've decided that we don't want to rent anymore, we just want our own home. If we do rent again, it could only be for a very short time, a month-to-month, because we are anxious to have a permanent place for our foster children. Any kind of move would mean they would be absorbed back into the hands of others in the foster community until we had a home that has been officially evaluated and meets State regulations for being foster ready. (A process which can take several weeks maybe months.) We've decided that foster care will have to be on hold until we find a permanent place to avoid any additional disruption in these children's lives. But foster kids or not, it's just a massive hassle to move from here to a temporary location, only to move again.
My husband and I have lived five other places since we were first married... it's been so nice to stay here as long as we have. If it weren't for the struggles we've had with our landlady, we could live here forever.
Saturday evening we spent a lot of time searching online for homes, condos, or town-homes (anything a little larger than what we have here). We won't give up the search but it seems that nothing large enough for our family is under $200K in our ward. We had a special fast as a family yesterday, even our friends, the Wilsons, fasted together for us. My friend, Carol, called me and advised me to stay close to the Spirit and to not narrow my options to just this ward or Stake but to seek first where the Lord would have us be. She is a wise woman and I'm so glad for the day I miraculously met her. We will have no problems staying in close touch.
Yesterday in church, we had so many friends offer to help us and I kept feeling this mixture of gratitude, joy, pain, sorrow, and loss. One moment I'd be smiling and the next I'd have tears streaming down my face.
I want to do all I can to stay connected to this place I call home. The visits may be fewer and farther between but I could never leave this beautiful place completely: No, not after what I've experienced and not after the dreams I've had. To disconnect completely would be too much for my soul to bear. This will be tough no matter what but I can see myself dancing my way through it. ;) I pray there will be lots of dances. This place I call home has changed my life, my whole world, everything!! It cannot be forgotten. It has "awakened me out of a deep sleep". It helped me remember my mission, my dreams, and all I want to become. I am forever grateful!
I will continue on with BYU: I will not let go and I'll continue to reach for my dream that I've had for so many years of being an inspiring writer and speaker. Down the road, I can envision myself taking my words and using them as a tool to be a powerful advocate, a voice for the importance of the family, especially for children, for foster children, and defender of the sanctity of life. I am confident that my experiences in the future with both formal education and fostering will help to make my voice heard loud and clear in the courthouses, in the schools, and in the communities. There are many good things to come.
Just watch and see....
I'm gonna Carpe this Diem!!!
-Alicia :)
.
"I pray the power of the Holy Ghost will be with each of us—that we may think what we need to think, feel what we need to feel, and learn what we need to learn so we can do what we know we should do and ultimately become what the Lord yearns for us to become." - David A. Bednar
Featured Post
The Purest Love
"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...
No comments:
Post a Comment