"Of course I will." I responded.
Little did I know how early that would be.
Before my alarm this morning, she crawled into my bed and I wondered how much rest she had gotten through the few hours of the night. It's cute that she's so excited. I let her take my place sleeping next to daddy and got up to pray and study. An hour later she came out asking for pancakes. I said I'd be happy to make her some and asked if I could just finish up with some of my studies first. She complied, grabbed a blanket, and sat on the couch to wait... and then zonked out seconds later.
She loves her birthday for lots of reasons but one is because it's free Slurpee day at 7-11. For Kaylee, all of the 7-11's everywhere are celebrating the day she was born!
Tonight, we are having a very special Family Home Evening on baptism to prepare her for another wonderful day in a few weeks when she enters into a covenant with God to love and to be a witness of the Savior all her life. My parents are coming down for dinner and FHE tonight. (Joseph's parents came last night to bring birthday wishes.)
There's plenty to do today.... but before everything kicks into full gear, I need to share the scripture I've chosen to ponder for the week:
Make the day beautiful, my friends!
Make the day beautiful, my friends!
"I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38, 39
"To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever. Hence, eternal life is inextricably bound up with love. We want to live forever for the same reason that we want to live tomorrow. Why do we want to live tomorrow? It is because there is some one who loves you, and who you want to see tomorrow, and be with, and love back? There is no other reason why we should live on that we love and are beloved." - Henry Drummond
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment