Swaying in the branches like elegant silk fans waving in the hands of royalty.
Majestically stunning are the canopies of leaves that fill the trees of autumn.
A kaleidoscope of delicate parasols dance gracefully away and blanket the ground.
I am filled with wonder as I lay on this vibrant patchwork spread beneath me.
Gazing up at the decorative boughs above, I watch quietly as more colors fall.
It's strange how beautiful the death of a leaf can be.
The wind, like the Spirit, pulls each one from the grasp of the tree's fingertips,
What am I supposed to learn from this?
What am I supposed to learn from this?
It whispers to me, "There are moments we hang on to and others we let go."
Perhaps this is the lesson God is trying to impress upon my heart;
To let go of my own interpretations, to release the need for all the answers,
To be at peace with the unknown, embrace the magic of the present,
To be at peace with the unknown, embrace the magic of the present,
And trust myself to the wind no matter how vagrant I feel.
I close my eyes and question how I got here. I guess it doesn't matter.
I close my eyes and question how I got here. I guess it doesn't matter.
I breathe in deep the crisp harvest air and delight in the taste-
It's refreshing like sipping hot spearmint and chamomile tea on a winter's night.
All of creation is in the hands of God. I nestle into the earth and feel heaven holding me.
I am not alone but am cared for like His finest and most precious jewel.
He holds my future through every season. I trust Him with all of my heart.
Happy day, all is well.
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment