Because, the true magic of Christmas is found when we lose ourselves, when we forget about what we want and think instead of how we can give. Something incredible occurs when we focus on the beauty and good all around us and recognize God's hand. The magic and glory of Christmas is when we have our eyes opened and our hearts filled with gratitude and wonder for the miracles that are constantly occurring. Our souls feel lighter and we hunger for so little because we see that we already have so much. The greatest and most valuable gift to all of mankind has already been given in the most humble way. Everything we have ever needed is found in and through our Savior and His Priesthood authority. We don't care about popularity, praise, position, or power.... Our cup runneth over when we kneel at His feet and worship Him, the only One worthy of such things. This is the attitude that allows peace to enter into our hearts and fill us with good will and sincere love for our fellowmen.
Why wait for the Christmas season?
I believe in Christmas all year and every day of our lives.
"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." - Luke 2:13-14
by, Aaron Shust
Can You take me by the hand?
Can You use me as I am?
Break me into who You want me to be
When the time is finally right
Will You open up my eyes
And show me everything You want me to see?
This life is not my own
To God alone be the glory
To God alone be the praise
Everything I say and do
Let it be all for You
The glory is Yours alone
Yours alone
Take the offering I bring
You want more than what I sing
Can I give You every part of me?
Turn these pennies into gold
Take this life I call my own
Until I'm running after Your heart
I'm needing to let go
To God alone be the glory
To God alone be the praise
Everything I say and do
Let it be all for You
The glory is Yours alone
We will rise and we will fall
But You remain after all
You're glorious and beautiful
You're beautiful
To God alone be the glory
To God alone be the praise
Everything I say and do
Let it be all for You
The glory is Yours alone
The glory is Yours alone
Yours alone
Yours alone
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment