She affirmed that she had been having the same impressions.
Sure enough, there was a policy change on November 5th that has indeed been a threshing among members.
This morning I read in D&C 88:79-80 where the Lord commands us to get an education "Of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—
That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling where unto I have called you, and the mission with which I have commissioned you."
I had the opportunity to go to the United Nations in March of this year. That was an education I wasn't expecting. There my eyes were opened to the face of pure evil in the form of highly sophisticated organized groups operating under many institutions, nations, and names.... Names that no one would ever suspect because on the outside they "appear" to be doing a lot of good. But the truth is they are "ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing" and underneath their motive is wicked, primarily driven by money and power. The tragedy is that so many err because they are uninformed or misinformed and good people become pawns in the hands of these organizations. If only people could catch a glimpse of what is really going on with the push for sexual rights. It is an all-out fully-loaded cunningly devised attack to exploit and shred to pieces all that is sacred and holy.
Just over two weeks ago, I had the opportunity of attending World Congress of Families IX. It was far more uplifting than some of the meetings I attended at the UN. Instead of being a panel of talking heads banging themselves up against each other, it was refreshing at the WCF where everyone was unified on the real solutions to our social ills. This was an international gathering of world and religious leaders who all agree on our need for a restoration of faith in God, protection of the family, of moral principles, and more protection of our religious liberty if we want to find healing in our homes and in our countries.
People may accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist but that doesn't bother me. It's no surprise, we see this pattern in The Book of Mormon of which Joseph Smith said,
"The downfall of two great American civilizations came as a result of secret conspiracies whose desire was to overthrow the freedom of the people. 'And they have caused the destruction of this people of whom I am now speaking,' says Moroni, 'and also the destruction of the people of Nephi.” (Ether 8:21.)
Many factors that led to the destruction of the people could have been pointed out but notice how it was secret combinations that was the main cause.
President Benson warned, "The greatest threat to... peace, prosperity, and the spread of God's work... is the godless conspiracy. There is no conspiracy theory in the Book of Mormon —it is a conspiracy fact."
This is one of the reasons why I esteem the Book of Mormon to be so crucial and valuable. Those who make it their serious regular study will not be surprised in these last days to see all that will unfold. Moroni says, “Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you” (Ether 8:14.)
President Benson warned, "The greatest threat to... peace, prosperity, and the spread of God's work... is the godless conspiracy. There is no conspiracy theory in the Book of Mormon —it is a conspiracy fact."
This is one of the reasons why I esteem the Book of Mormon to be so crucial and valuable. Those who make it their serious regular study will not be surprised in these last days to see all that will unfold. Moroni says, “Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you” (Ether 8:14.)
Last week, I read in Ezekiel 33 where it speaks of these great "Watchmen" and how they have given us such fair warning:
"When I bring the sword upon a land if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head." - Ezekiel 33:2-4
It's a sad day when the words of the prophets are rejected. The mentality is just like my little "Revised Hymn" I wrote several years ago:
Ezekiel 33:30-33 says this
"...your people [the prophet's people or members of the Church] are talking together about you by the walls and at the doors of the houses, saying to each other, ‘Come and hear the message that has come from the Lord.’ My people come to you [the prophets], as they usually do, and sit before you to hear your words, but they do not put them into practice. Their mouths speak of love, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain. Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice." (New International Version)
I believe the words of the living prophets and apostles. I think we tread on dangerous ground when we take their counsel lightly or when a policy it set in place to label it as one brought on by fallible mortals. As seers they have a clearer view of "things as they really are"... for they see that which is unseen. Oh how we need to trust this! I sustain them and uphold them with all my heart. I am not afraid to speak the truth for the truth is my sword in battle. These watchmen stand guard to protect the city not to control it. I choose to listen and obey.
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment