Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"Zion Shall Not Be Moved" -Ponderize - Week 19

These last couple of days I haven't been able to decide on a scripture to ponderize for the week.  After this evening, I have finally chosen one.

I attended a cottage meeting tonight that Big Ocean hosted where two of my friends presented.  Mother and author, Nicholeen Peck, spoke and so did JaKell Sullivan, who has been a strong voice against Common Core for many years now.  My friend Kim Ells, assistant for Family Watch International, showed an informative and extremely disturbing video on what is entailed in the Comprehensive Sex Education Curriculum that the Federal Gov. is trying to push in every State. (They've already succeeded in some.)

It wasn't really new information to me since I heard a great deal about these teachings when I went to the United Nations and World Congress last year.  I knew these disgusting  publications were being distributed to youth through the International Planned Parenthood Federation and our own Planned Parenthood. It's just now their teachings are getting published into our education system and encapsulated in words like "sexual health" so it's "easier" for schools to choke it down their throats.

It grieves my soul and inflicts great sorrow upon my heart to see something so wonderful, so beautiful, so sacred, this very real sacrament with God, cheapened, trampled, exploited, and dragged through the mire.  It's a clear shot bullet to the heads of our innocent children.

This is a very real war and the firing squad is mowing down our babies.  People  just don't understand how very serious this is. I would encourage every parent I know to get informed.  http://www.comprehensivesexualityeducation.org/

Sometime tomorrow I should be able to get access to the 20 min. video my friend Kim showed tonight.  When I do, I'll be certain to share it.

I have no doubt that we will witness in the next few years a massive division take place all across the globe.  It's happening now.  But we must not lose heart... with that division also means there will be a great unification.  People of all faiths, all nations, all races and backgrounds are coming together to combat these attacks.  I've seen it.

I really need a verse that is hopeful to ponderize this week to help me remember this:

 "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God. Zion shall not be moved out of her place, notwithstanding her children are scattered.  They that remain, and are pure in heart, shall return, and come to their inheritances, they and their children, with songs of everlasting joy, to build up the waste places of Zion."— D&C 101:16 - 18

-Alicia


7 comments:

Ramona Gordy said...

Thanks Alicia
The Elder Holland talk is really a "straight shooter".Thank you for taking a stand on this issue. I haven't had a chance to really dig into the Planned Parenthood issue, but I have wondered why all of a sudden this group is under attack? But then I realize that this is just the tip of the "iceberg" so to speak. I have come to realize that there is a full assault on the minds and bodies and the souls of not only or our children but adults as well. A Mind is a terrible thing to waste; and there seems to be an agenda to "not educate", but like you say to force an agenda down everyone's throat. Children are being left behind, families are being destroyed because the "knowledge" of what is good and bad, of our rights as regular citizens, are suppressed. We are being force fed a politically correct agenda that seeks to do away with freedom which involves our ability to choose what is right for us individually and in our families.
I heard a chilling statement by a man named Rob Bell. He is a former pastor and now Oprah flunkie. He wrote some books that were so popular,"What we Talk about when we Talk about God".
quote He shows how traditional ideas have grown stale and dysfunctional and how to return vitality and vibrancy to lives of faith today. end quote

Many people have referenced him in their talks, including some LDS church members, some speaking even in Gen Conferences. We do have freedom of speech after all. But I don't know if anyone actually read the rest of the book after they heard the "great quotes". On Oprah, Rob Bell was asked what his stand was concerning the church and Gay Marriage.

That statement prompted a question from Oprah: "When is the church going to get that?"

"We're moments away," Rob Bell said. "I think culture is already there and the church will continue to be even more irrelevant when it quotes letters from 2,000 years ago as their best defense, when you have in front of you flesh-and-blood people who are your brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles and co-workers and neighbors and they love each other and just want to go through life with someone."

Said Kristen Bell: "There are churches who are moving forward and there are churches who are almost regressing and making it more of a battle."

Wow, I bring this up because, our sexuality, our choices, our knowledge of what is right and wrong, what is sacred is now being termed irrelevant .
Not a sermon just a thought.

Alicia Rawlins said...

Thanks for your comments Ramona. Elder Hollands talk on "Souls, Symbols, and Sacraments" has been one I have listened to for many years. He explains so clearly why the powers of procreation are to be guarded and protected, reverenced and kept sacred.

You might also be interested to know a few other answers to these questions: Why has the International Planned Parenthood Federation had such a huge presence in Africa's communities and schools? They claim they are helping with the aids crisis there but it is really motivated by greed. Because we are led to believe the lie that we can buy anything in this world with money. These organizations have millions of dollars donated to them in taxes and charitable gifts to "treat" the VERY diseases and symptoms they are perpetuating and creating. The president of Planned Parenthood receives an annual income of $523,000. Hmmm?
Also, the FOUNDER of Planned Parenthood was Margaret Sanger, an extremely racist woman who was influenced greatly by eugenicists http://www.blackgenocide.org/archived_articles/negro.html

Another note of interest:
Alfred Kinsey is the father of the entire "sexual rights" movement. IPPF, UNFPA, World Health Organization, SECUS, and our own Planned Parenthood are all supporters of his work. He wrote a book called "Sexual Behavior in the Human Male" and gives a detailed report about his "experiments" with over 300 children where he and others of his staff molested and sexually abused children starting as young as infants.. and stated that it doesn't harm them and that it's perfectly normal.

Ramona Gordy said...

Thanks Alicia
This is enlightening and terrible at the same time. I have heard about the world wide abuse of children by people who are supposed to be their "advocates". It makes me mad and sad that children are treated as "nothing", not just in other countries but here in the U.S. Yesterday it was reported on the news that a Teacher's aide at local school had been arrested for exploiting children, molesting them, etc. He was a "trusted" teachers aid for many years. As they interviewed many "outraged"parents, I wondered if their children had tried to tell them what was going on in their lives? I feel like when children are being abused by people other than their parents, then those parents are victims too. Is there a forum for parents and caregivers to be educated in what to look for in child abuse?

Alicia Rawlins said...

Good question... I think there are many places we can turn to locally for parents to be educated on how to recognize when abuse is happening to their children. The best defense is for parents to block this where they can, to be "guardian's of the hearth", to be vigilant and watchful as to "what is being taught" and to create relationships with their children in the home where they feel safe disclosing when something uncomfortable has happened to them. When I was 5, I was sexually molested by my 14-yr-old neighbor. I knew what he did to me was wrong and that I HAD to tell despite the threats he made against me if my parents found out. The scary thing with this comprehensive sex ed curriculum is that it's aimed and designed to reach the youngest minds, even before pre-school to pacify them, to "normalize" and justify the abuse so they have a harder time recognizing what is happening and what they are exposed to is wrong. The curriculum is nothing short of "mental molestation" and plants seeds in the minds of the children that will harvest acting out what they're being taught through "experimentation."

The Spirit is our best guide to look for signs of abuse. We can recognize when something is inappropriate. We must not justify it. It's amazing how much we let these "mental molesters" in our homes through television and movie shows we actually pay to watch. Parents need to step it up and take their place as guardians and say, "This garbage is NOT allowed under this roof."

In addition to following the Spirit http://www.stopitnow.org/ has some good lists of common behaviors to look for in abused children.

Ramona Gordy said...

Alicia
This is very powerful, and it brings out those dark things, even hidden shame into the light. This is definitely Ponder-worthy

Alicia Rawlins said...

Ramona, they finally sent me a copy of the video: https://vimeo.com/152728936

Ramona Gordy said...

Wow Alicia
Thank you for sharing that, it is pretty powerful stuff. When I was in High School, we had a class called "Health", which was a part of PE, but focused on teaching children about their bodies, their sexuality, etc and I believe it was loosely based on this. However there was a lot of pushback from many of the parents, my mom included who demanded to review the curriculum and it was ultimately rejected for a different version. Those parents, including my mom, wanted to be responsible for teaching their own children about their bodies and sexuality.
But that being said, there is an awful insidious war against children, and I would be hard pressed to find parents now who are serious about the health and welfare of their children. For example, in Va. a teacher was suspended because of certain books on her class required reading list One book was "Beloved" by Tony Morrison. Several students objected to reading the book because of it's explicit sexual tone,and language. A student pushed back because she found it disturbing and inappropriate. Now there is an intense investigation because most of the parents were not aware of some of the books on the list, most in the same genre.

I know that this is a spiritual problem, like Pandora's box. The very thing/lifestyle that is now "legalized' has fallen to the earth like Lucifer and is now running amok. The strong hold of our society is now under serious attack, to loosely quote any military general under heavy fire, we are out gunned and out manned.
And it is our fault as a society because we are lulled to sleep by trivial pursuits. Things, gadgets, stuff and more stuff. Twitter, facebook. Women and children seem to be our most disposable assets. We have allowed our governments to make even the most personal choices for us, even when it comes to raising our children.

In the scriptures, there are many stories of rampant and spread out child abuse. It is perpetrated by the "government". Children under a certain age sacrificed, parents selling their children into slavery, worshiping false gods/false doctrine. Even to the point of "burning them alive".
Sorry for the rant, I understand how you feel about this, because in my hometown,every day on the news something bad has happened to a child.
There is going to be a big fight to "remove this" if that is the agenda, but the better way to win this fight is to educated the "whole" family. Strengthen the parents, strengthen the children. Think about it Alicia at the end of the world, the shot heard around the world will be the battle for the family.